Sunday, March 13, 2011

Today was a long and rough day. I'm glad it's almost over.

Yesterday, however was actually a pretty good day. I'll stick with talking about that. 

I woke up early and drove to Panera Jack Rector Beacon 25k with Brent who was also my photographer for the day. I finished with an official time of 2:17:11. I'm not very excited about it but I'm glad that I went and finished. It's nice to have gotten a 16 mile run under my belt. I haven't run that far in at least 2 years.

The run was basically out and back and I clocked in my first 8 miles at 1:06 and thought I had it until I had 5 miles left. Then I died and my pace went to what felt like a shuffle. 

I had some more pictures taken on my camera but I am missing the cord that allows me to upload them on my computer so hopefully I will find that soon and put some more up. Oh and it was also Brent's first ever experience at a road race. He did a fantastic job and supported me the whole way.

For lunch after the race I gorged myself on Indian food and later in the evening enjoyed a few good brews at a gastropub.

Then today happened.
The result of working a double at work and no running is a very unhappy girl. In order to placate my frustrations I ate about a gazillion calories and felt even worse afterward. Thankfully its a whole new day tomorrow.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment