Monday, May 23, 2011

Stress

Sometimes when I begin to think about where I will be in a year, I freak out. I'm 23 (almost 24) and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Law school? Grad school? Job search? Move out of state? Move out of the country??? Let the anxiety ensue.

Poor B, is all I can say. With thoughts of imminent failure looming in my future I threw myself into spaztic cleaning mode when I got home from work. I vacuumed, mopped, folded laundry, put up the dishes and made the bed. But the tightening, choking feeling in my chest just wouldn't let me be.

So I downloaded the new Lady Gaga CD on Itunes and threw on my running shoes and ran.

Simply got outside and flushed out all the stress.

Be prepared for my deep thought...

It was getting dark while I ran and the trees were arched over the sidewalk making it seem like a tunnel. I knew that this was the last stretch of my run and that my house was less than a mile away but I couldn't see an end in this tree tunnel, it looked like it went on forever. I feel like this is where I am in my life. I'm running without the end in sight, even though I know there is an end somewhere. I just have to keep going, no matter how tired I am.

Now time to shower and go to bed to dream lovely dreams. GOOD night!

No comments:

Post a Comment