Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A full week of being sick...

It's been a full week since I've been feeling like crap. During that week so many fun events were going on here in Norman that I feel like I had to miss out on. First of all, Norman had the Norman Music Festival which is basically a free 3 day music fest with bands I've never heard of but yet very entertaining. I did drag myself out for a bit Friday and Saturday night but was home super early both nights. I've solidified my grandma status with my friends with that one. Second of all I missed the OKC memorial marathon!!! UGHHHHH

In case you haven't read my past post, I was planning on running the half marathon, not the full and the night before the it was to take place I went to bed at 9:30 telling myself that I will wake up at 5am and if I'm magically feeling better then I will. Nope, didn't happen. I do feel that I made the right decision though to not run because the weather that day was miserable. Not only did the temperature drop to about 40 degrees, it rained the entire time... even hailed at one point. I wanted to see my best friend (since 7th grade!!!)  finish the half though so I drove down to OKC with an armful of dry clothes (I figured she would want some to warm up in after she finished) and searched through the throngs of people exiting the finishers corral. Because we have that best friend sixth sense I actually found her! There were about 25,000 registrants for this race and I waited smashed in between others looking for their runners and there she was. Seriously, its a pretty cool power.

As sad as I was not to have completed the half with my bestie I went home feeling even worse from being out in the rain for that short period of time and slept for the rest of the day snuggled up with my dogs and B.

Today, I feel almost completely better. Since I hadn't worked out in about a week from being sick I dragged myself to spin class after work and then took the dogs on a walk.

Allergy season, I hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment