Friday, May 27, 2011

Gettin' down on Friday!

Hooray for today being Friday of a three day weekend!!!

We've been out of coffee for the Keurig for two days now, so I've been having to make a detour by Starbucks on my way to work to indulge in the goodness of a grande triple non fat latte (say that five times fast!). Now that the caffiene has been running throughout my bloodstream I am way too ready for the weekend at 10:00 am.

Here's what's been going on in my life:

1. Yesterday I got off work and decided to go on a run at 5pm. BAD IDEA. For all of those who have allergies out there, I hope you can sympathize with me. I feel like, as I've gotten older, my allergies have gotten worse. In high school I was prescribed an inhaler to help me out with running but since I no longer run competitively, I haven't really kept up with it. So for my workout yesterday I went for a 30 min run but had to stop a little in between to catch my breath. UGH!

2. After my run B made some delicious turkey burgers topped with some brie cheese (delish), greens, and mustard.

3. After we ate, we double dated with by good friend and her boyfriend to the movies to watch Hangover Part II. There were several parts in that movie that I could have gone without seeing, but I knew what I was in for from seeing the first one. I did enjoy the giant tub of movie theater popcorn, large diet pepsi and bag of sour punch straws...

4. Then, being the grandma that I am, I passed out at the late hour of 10:00 pm.

It was a good night.

I was going to try to wake up early this morning to run before the heat and the wind was out, but I'm pretty sure my alarm was going off for a full 20 min. before I noticed. It's supposed to be close to 90 degress out today and I'm not looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment