Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My mom can outrun your mom

I've noticed that my little blog here has kinda gone off track. How'd I go from running to talking about my sister's bachelorette party? Oh yeah, its because I haven't been running recently. :(

Well I'm here to tell you that I'm on day 3 of getting back into the ol' routine. I have a new membership at the local ymca (because it has an awesome scholarship program that actually fits with my AmeriCorps budget) and I have reached the conclusion that I can no longer use the temperature outside (which is in the high 90s!!!) as an excuse. Heck, back in high school, we were running at 2 in the afternoon during the peak hours of heat in August.

It also hurt my competitive spirit to be shown up by my own mom when I was visiting over the weekend. That lady can run more and do more push ups than me and shes my mom! I can only hope to be in as great of shape as her when I'm her age. Must. stop. drinking. beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment