Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mellifluous

For those of you who don't know about stumbleupon.com , you should try it out. It's great for those moments where I'm bored, sitting at my desk and just want to cruise through the Internet looking up a random bits of information. Today, I came across a wonderful little site that listed the 100 most beautiful words in the English language.

That's where I found the word mellifluous- sweet sounding
I like it, I'm going to try to use it more often.

Speaking of words and writing and stuff, I found an old journal of mine last night and began reading through it. Apparently, back in '03 I had some serious boy problems, aka the classical conundrum of a boy that I liked not liking me. That and I liked to complain about the most petty things. I may have to burn that little journal of mine, I was embarressed for my 16 year olds self. If it ever ended up in the wrong hands, its definitely viable material for blackmail.

During lunch today B and I went to the YMCA to workout again. We are totally on a roll now! It's just too bad we went to Qdoba afterwards and downed a 700 calorie meal without even flinching. I even went without the tortilla! How is it still possible to be so bad for you, then? They must use some kind of ninja secret to make you believe you're eating healthy when really its just a little less than half your days worth of food. Should I have known that this was a bad choice? I suppose so. It was mighty tasty, though.

It was basically a short and sweet workout. I got on the elliptical for 15 minutes, got bored and hopped on the treadmill and ran for another 2 miles. It got my heart rate up and I sweated through my shirt so I was satisfied. Maybe if I'm really motivated I'll go on a longer run this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment