Monday, April 11, 2011

Government Shutdown Scare

Yes, I had a freak out moment this weekend and here's why.

Everything started out lovely last Friday. I woke up, ran a few errands and waited patiently for the mail to come because I am anxiously awaiting my tax refund. The mail came, but not my tax refund, which is much needed right now, and so my mood went a little sour after that. I put it behind me though and made my way from Norman, OK to Dallas to see my lovely family for my mom's b-day.

And yes, I gave myself a mini photo session because I was bored sitting in traffic on good ol' I-35.

Of course I had little Sampson with me.



When I finally made it home I checked my e-mail to find out that my AmeriCorps pre-service orientation -- the one that I had just blogged about would be canceled if the government was shut down and rescheduled to a later date. So yes, I panicked. I have been waiting two months to start this job and could not possibly wait any longer. How relieved was I to learn that the a decision was reached and the government wouldn't shut down? You have no idea. Let me tell you what, I stress ate to the max. It was bad.


So, tomorrow I leave for Denver and I could not be more excited. Now I just need that check to come in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment