Friday, March 2, 2012

Mustache March

Has anyone out there really heard of "mustache March"?

Didn't think so.

I'm not sure where B got the idea, but now he's growing a mustcache because its March. OHHHH MAKE IT STOP! I tried to tell him that he missed the boat for "no shave November" but he won't listen to me. Mustaches really are a terrible thing. Also, I didn't want to make this known to the public but B has even gone so far as to join an internet mustache club!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'm going to tell you about some cool things that I've been able to do. I've also had quite a few revelations about myself that I'm pretty excited about.

Since January, I have been a volunteer intern at OU's Office of Development. I'm doing this while keeping up with my AmeriCorps job, which has made my free time almost non-existent, but I really am loving it. This has been a wonderful opportunity for a number of reasons:

1. I get to go to a bunch of cool events put on by OU and the Development Office (particulary the two programs that I work under which are the President's Associates and the Women's Philanthropy Network). One such event included the OU "Teach-In" that brought in 7 well-known scholars/historians/professors to lecture about America's Founding.

2. I've had the opportunity to do PR work for these events including two articles that you can view here and here. In the near future I'm going to be interviewing a WPN member who runs a non-profit in NYC for kids with cancer (its a really good story) and posting that, as well as an OU men's basketball game that I'm going to tomorrow.

3. Because of all these experiences I think I'm no longer "Erica Undecided." Well - at least not completely undecided. All of these things has changed my outlook on what I want to do career-wise, just when I thought I would never figure myself out. Funny how things simply fall into place.

In other news, last weekend my mom, sister and I traveled to stillwater for my brother's baby shower. I could not be a more excited soon-to-be aunt! Below is a picture of the adorable cake and cake balls (that I absolutely could not stop eating!!!!) and me with all of the balloons. The baby is going to be a boy if you haven't been able to tell from all of the blue.




No comments:

Post a Comment