Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hump Day

I have no idea how it's Wednesday already. I literally had to check the calendar on my computer to make sure it really wasn't Tuesday. Oh wait, of course it's not Tuesday - I remembered I watched the new episode of Pretty Little Liars last night.

My alarm clock went off at 6:30 this morning. I didn't get out of bed until 7. I did, however, get in a short run this morning: 27 minutes at an easy pace.

Last night for the first time in a long loooong time, I went to yoga. The class was jam packed and I (lucky me) got stuck right by the door and all the windows. At first, I parked my mat nudged in between the corner of the room and some other lady until I was directed to move because the lady informed me, in her good ol' okie accent that, "honey, I'm gonna be hittin' ya with my arms if your gonna be so close to me".

There really was a lot of space but since I was already having kind of a rough day I moved for her... next to the door and windows where little kids and their parents walked by as I awkwardly attempted the cow pose without feeling violated and telling myself "no, they are not staring at your butt even though it is sticking into the air". That's one thing that I do hate about yoga, why have windows where passersby can watch and enjoy as you are attempting undoubtedly compromising positions? My favorite yoga class was through the university, which I can no longer attend now since I graduated, because the instructor would dim the lights enough to where you could see what was going on but still feel comfortable.

For breakfast this morning, I had veggie juice (cucumber, spinach, carrots, kohlrabi, and tomato) with an apple thrown in and a handful of blueberries for sweetness. Then, I added a scoop full of Superfood  for that extra boost. Superfood definitely makes the juice a little less appetizing but its not too bad once you get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment