Thursday, June 12, 2014

Wedding and Honeymoon

Where to begin? 

After almost 5 years of dating and 1.5 years of wedding planning Brent and I finally tied the knot in Dallas, TX. 




I am anxiously awaiting the rest of my pictures from our wedding day, but to see the preview, you can visit our photographer's blog.

All of that planning and preparation - and the stress! - it was all worth it. I could not be happier.

For our honeymoon, Brent and I went to Costa Rica. Just to give you a short synopsis of our honeymoon, we stayed in Tamarindo for the first three days, then ventured into the rain forest by the Arenal Volcano. 

The things we did:

kayaked in a river
zip lined through the canopy
rode horses to a waterfall
toured the hanging bridges 
played in the Pacific
took a catamaran tour 
ate tons and tons of seafood, plantains, fresh fruits, and casado
drank tons and tons of Costa Rican coffee....and also Cacique

While we tried our best to do a bit of running during the trip, I took full advantage of our vacation to relax. I slept about 10+ hours every night, much needed after the lack of sleep I had from the commotion leading up to the wedding, and ate to my heart's desire. I also signed us both up for a deep tissue couples massage and I still think I can feel the pain from that elbow digging into my back. 

Now that we're back in Dallas as Mr. and Mrs. its been hard to get back into the rhythm of my routine workout schedule. Luckily I met with my running group on Tuesday night to put in a solid 6 miles and had my mom met me at my house this morning to run 5. I missed spin class yesterday morning after hitting the snooze button and falling back to sleep.  






No comments:

Post a Comment